[Vision2020] Spokane CIA Torture Firm, Mitchell Jessen & Associates: US Rendered Canadian Citizen To Syria & Torture

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 20:03:43 PDT 2008

Kai et. al.

I cannot at this time answer your question definitively about how Mayer got
access to the Red Cross report on torture under discussion.  But the fact
that as defined in the Geneva Convention, that US operatives have used or
encouraged others to use unlawful torture techniques on suspects in the so
called "War on Terror," is well documented... It is amazing to witness the
obscurantism and head in the sand denial on this issue.  Gitmo probably
overall offers better treatment than the network of "black site" prisons the
US has operated globally, so offering it as an example of the lawfulness of
US treatment of detainees in the "War on Terror" does not tell the whole
story.

I will remind Vision2020 readers that some torture programs conducted by the
US were in part organized with the professional assistance of psychologists
working in Spokane, Washington.  The article at the URL below offers
information on these Spokane psychologists, and the Geneva Convention
violations they were complicit in.

Sometimes torture has involved the US kidnapping suspects to "black sites,"
where torture was sometimes conducted by non-US operatives acting with US
cooperation, as in the case of the Canadian citizen Maher Arar, who was
seized at a US airport and taken to Syria, where he was tortured,
information on which is offered further down.  A link is contained in the
article immediately below to Jane Mayer's (same author under discussion
regarding the Red Cross Report) article "The Black Sites" that documents
these claims more broadly:

http://psychoanalystsopposewar.org/blog/2007/08/27/protest-at-spokane-cia-torture-firm-mitchell-jessen-associates/
Info on the Canadian citizen, Maher Arar, seized in the US, and rendered to
Syria, where he was tortured, as the following investigation determined to
be the case, is at the pdf document at the URL below:

http://www.ararcommission.ca/eng/ToopeReport_final.pdf
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett