[Vision2020] Some thoughts on terrorists and torture.

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Jul 10 16:36:40 PDT 2008

I'm afraid I might have contributed to the "dunking as torture" thought, quite unintentionally.  What I meant to diffuse the other day was the idea that dunking was just rowdy behavior at a pool party, that such dunking was synonymous with waterboarding and therefore couldn't be such a bad deal, and that waterboarding was somehow an acceptable way of getting information out of people.

I hate being grabbed at a pool party and dunked under water, but I don't call that torture.  The torturous dunking of a terrorism suspect is altogether different, and neither it nor waterboarding should ever be countenanced by civilized nations.

Whew.

Keely