[Vision2020] Energy saving lightbulbs... a different take

Andy Boyd moscowrecycling at turbonet.com
Wed Jul 9 13:36:05 PDT 2008

Well, I know 'we' don't like to be told what to do...
but this congressman is so worried about the warnings and mercury in the cfl
and yet he is unaware or unconcerned about the mercury emitted through coal
fired electricity production.
Unfortunately, I believe this comes down to two items:
#1. Should the govt save us from nasties in the environment?  so depending
where you fall on this issue determines the action that congress should
take.
#2. The way the govt overlooks many public health issues surrounding a
multitude of household products and yet regulates others is utterly unfair
to those businesses that are more heavily regulated and the public. I guess
I am saying the govt is paid off to look the other way on many issues by big
$ supporters.
Finally, we accept other regulations/infringements on our freedom for the
good of all, or at least that is what we are told.
So, are cfl's in our best interest?

Andy Boyd
Manager/Education Coordinator
Moscow Recycling