[Vision2020] In praise of YakTrax

Craine Kit kcraine at verizon.net
Wed Jan 30 16:55:48 PST 2008

I agree with Cathy. Yaktrax on snow makes for very secure footing.
However, my experience with Yaktrax is that they work great as long
as there is something for them to bite into. If the ice is too hard
and dense, they act more like multi-direction ice skates. If the
sidewalk is bare, they bite my feet. It is most annoying to have to
wear them twenty-two days after the last 1.5 inch snowfall because a
few scattered homeowners have neglected their duty then skitter
across their property (or get run down while walking in the street).

Kit Craine