[Vision2020] How Could Anyone Support That Woman?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jan 30 11:46:18 PST 2008

Again I ask, Mr. Falen -

How are tax cuts going to "give them all the support we can in the field
and continue to take care of the veterans when they come home"?

We both want to realize support for our troops to our government's fullest
capabilities.

What I want to know from you, Mr. Falen, is how would we be able to
provide the resources that our troops so desperately need and
simlultaneously cut taxes?  What funds would our government apply to
subsidize these resources?

If your answer is "Trim the fat from government spending", What fat
(specifically) and by how much?

You do realize, of course, that many, MANY veterans programs are currently
surviviing on "shoe string" budgets that are trimmed more and more each
year, beginning with health care.

As a disably retired veteran, Mr. Falen, I am anticipating degeneration of
my health benefits (Tri-Care), coupled with increased personal cost, over
the next couple years.

Convince me, Mr. Falen, how these increased costs to me, and millions of
other veterans, can be avoided.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

> Sunil and Tom
> I think that going into Afghanistan was justified. Iraq was debatable,
but since we are
are there, it would be a disaster to pull out and leave the place is
chaos. I think we
should do everything we can to support  the troops with what ever supplies
they need to do
the job and keep them as safe as possible. The first priority at home
should be supporting
the veterans. More should be spent on upgrading the Veteran's
Administration. I know that
a lot of you on vision2020 do not agree with supply side economics and
Arthur Laffer.  You
may think it is an oxymoron, but it makes sense to me. I believe a tax cut
will stimulate
business, put people back to work and expand the economy. A tax increase
will do the
reverse.

Roger