[Vision2020] Contractors

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 08:21:42 PST 2008

so what ever happened to kids looking to make a buck by shoveling sidewalks?

Dan Carscallen <areaman at moscow.com> wrote:   Message   .hmmessage P {  PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px } BODY.hmmessage {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma }    J  and Vizzz peeps,

 I  have had a chance to go through emails and need to vent a minute.  (by the  way, I'm wearing my Highway District hat right now, not my City Council hat) . .  .

 Normally, I'm pretty meticulous when it comes to  cleaning my driveway.  I'm "lucky", I guess, that I don't have sidewalk in  front of my house (yet) that I'd have to keep clean, not that it'd be that  difficult.  This winter, however, work has taken me away from my shovelling  duties and my driveway has a snow floor for the first time since I moved  in.  I hate it.  This prompts me to help people to understand the  plight of those who have to answer the call and go do the snow removal  thing.

 Normally, when plowing is necessary, those who do the  snow removal aren't aware of the need until they are rousted out of their  peaceful slumber with the "GO" call.  Of course, they could take the time  to clear their driveway and sidewalk before they head in to work, but that  creates the other issue of phone call complaints about the streets not getting  cleared quickly enough.  There's no "Get up early and shovel your walk" for  these people.  It's a no-win situation.

 Now, I realize that not all of the complaints about  clearing sidewalks relate to homeowners, but I'm sure there are a few.  I'm  stubborn enough that I'm not going to call PCEI to come do mine (luckily, the  boy has been out of school the last couple days and has been helping out the old  man, so I can't complain too much -- at least he's trying).

 I  guess my only message here is that people be a little understanding  in  some cases.  Sure there are some jackadonkeys out there that are just lazy  and not getting with it, but there are others we don't need to be harping on  when they might be doing the best they can with the time they have.

 And  now let me put on my other hat and say "Please shovel your sidewalks as soon as  possible!"

 Thanks for listening

 Dan  Carscallen

 P.S. to J:  You can go into the  vision2020.moscow.com site and edit your account settings so you only get the  one email.

 DC
 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

Tom & Liz Ivie