[Vision2020] 935 False Statements Made Before War

pkraut at moscow.com pkraut at moscow.com
Sat Jan 26 12:59:07 PST 2008

For 8 years Clintons and other dems said the WMD's were there. For years
Saddam said they were there and we had no reason to doubt him. They could
be in Syria. Or Eygypt. Or Saudia. They could still be in Iraq...but we
had every reason to believe they were there. Especially since our two
term president kept saying it (and his wife and friends). To say it is
Bush's lie is just ignorance!

> [...]
media as
> the greatest fact finders and heros of the day.  Why am I not surprised.
>
> Of course nobody found WMD's.  Imagine my house is Iraq, and as a sneaky
> "recovering" alcoholic, my bottle of vodka is a WMD.  Even given the
limited
> scale of contraband to hiding places, I can assure you I can hide it
such
> that you would never find it.  Now consider the enormity of Iran and
small
> WMD.  You seriously believe that anyone much less the inept UN would be
able
> to find anything??  Particularly if there is a strong incentive to keep
it
> hidden?  Particularly when they cannot search schools, hospitals, or
> religious houses of worship?? GMAFB.
>
> And Ms Mix . . . I think Ms Mix is truly Mix-ed Up if she believes the
> administration could keep selective information from the media, other
> politicians and the public in general.  And thank you for your well
wishes.
> Your continuously snide, derogatory comments to everyone you dislike
never
> ceases to amaze me.  And you have the gall to call anyone else on it.  I
> remain astounded at how you can call yourself a Christian when you
> constantly demonstrate the most un-Christian-like attitude of all the
> Christians (and many heathens) I know . . .
>
> Cheers GS
>
> GS
>
> On 1/25/08, Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have always believed that Saddam Hussein had WMDs because Reagan and
> > Bush gave them to him in the 1980s.
> >
> > Why are we acting surprised at Bush's deception of those foolish
enough to
> > believe him? It is easy to tell is a politician is lying, their lips
move.

> > I want to know which of the current candidates that are running tell
the
> > least number of lies.
> >
> > Bush is a lame duck. Let's focus on prevention of corruption in the
> > future, not on the corruption of the current administration.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Donovan
> >
> > *Ted Moffett <starbliss at gmail.com>* wrote:
> >

> > All-
> >
> > Many people were deceived by the coordinated effort to hype Iraq's WMD
> > capability in the late 1990s up to the 2003 invasion.  And it seemed
many
> > forgot that the US supported Iraq's weapons programs with aid, during
the
> > Reagan administration (why Reagan is such a huge hero I can't fathom,
given
> > his involvement with the US Constitution violating Iran/Contra
scandal, aid
> > to Saddam, support for Central American death squad dictators, and ill
> > advised support for the Taliban in Afghanistan, the
mujahideen 'freedom
> > fighters,' and other black marks).
> >
> > Former Bush administration Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld shook
> > hands with Saddam Hussein in 1983 when he served in the Reagan
> > administration:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/press.htm<http://www.gwu.edu/
%7Ensarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/press.htm>

> > http://www.fas.org/irp/congress/2002_cr/s092002.html
> >
> > But being ill informed or deceived about Iraq's WMD program and ties
to Al
> > Qaeda is one thing.  Cheney, Bush and others in the Bush
> > administration, using the power of the executive branch, deliberately
> > deceived the US public in hyping this danger, to justify an invasion
and
> > occupation of another nation by the US military, killing, given a
> > conservative estimate, over 100,000 civilians, with over a million
Iraqis
> > now refuges or internally displaced (one reason the level of violence
is
> > down, with neighborhoods now ethnically cleansed into exclusive Sunni
or
> > Shite areas, as hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have fled for their
> > lives).  This is an impeachable offence, linked to the commission of
war
> > crimes, especially with the justifications and commission of torture,
Abu
> > Ghraib prison horrors, etc.
> >
> > The media, the vaunted Fourth Estate, along with the US Congress,
failed
> > utterly to expose the fabrications (yellow cake uranium from Niger),
> > distortions (Iraq with ties to Al Queda and links to 9/11), and well
known
> > falsehoods (false claim Iraq had obtained centrifuge tubes for nuclear
> > material processing), in the run up to the invasion.  Even former
Secretary
> > of State Colin Powell has admitted he presented erroneous information
to the
> > UN in his presentation before the US invasion regarding Iraq WMD
capability:

> > http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?
res=9C0CE3D9143FF934A25756C0A9629C8B63

> > Pakistan's nuclear weapons are more of a threat to world security, it
can
> > be argued, than Saddam's WMDs ever were, given Pakistan has Islamic
> > militants operating inside its borders, with sympathizers in the
Pakistan
> > military, who once supported the Taliban in Afghanistan.  Amazing
that a
> > government with known ties to the Taliban and Al Qaeda, with Bin Laden
> > suspected to be in hiding near or within its borders, is a US alley
> > receiving millions in US military aid, while Saddam had no
substantial ties
> > to the Bin Laden/9/11 Islamic militants.
> >
> > There are serious questions regarding why the US shifted the focus
away
> > from catching Bin Laden in the Afghanistan/Pakistan border area after
the
> > post 9/11 invasion of Afghanistan, while pushing for the invasion of
Iraq
> > with a demonization of Saddam as a threat to US national security.
And
> > that the US public did not question this refocus of our military,
when the
> > job of catching Bin Laden was left undone, suggests a disturbing
> > susceptibility to simple minded sound bite scare tactic propaganda
coupled
> > with a very short attention span.
> >
> > Ted Moffett
> >
> > On 1/24/08, Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Glenn--
> > >
> > > (1) Whose false statements did Kerry rely on in coming to the
> > > conclusion that Hussein presented a "particularly grievous threat?"
> > >
> > > (2) What was the result of Clinton's Iraq policy, including threats
of
> > > force? Was it (a) an active WMD program, or (b) an inactive WMD
> > > program?
> > >
> > > -- ACS

> > List services made available by First Step Internet,
> > http://www.fsr.net