[Vision2020] Here I am With President Romney

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 25 23:08:27 PST 2008

[My apologies if this shows up twice - the first seems to have disappeared
into cyberspace.  <sigh>]

Tom, I realize you're not the author of that offensive little ditty.

I have to say I find it as offensive as the lies certain Evangelicals were
circulating about Obama being Muslim  L

What's the common denominator?  Here in the good ol' USA where our
Constitution offers the protections of not only the First Amendment but also
Article 6, far too many people still just don't Get It.  It's really very
sad, regardless of whichever side is slinging the hate rather that standing
up for real and meaningful religious freedom and equal protection.

In a weird kind of way, maybe it's good that Tom posted what he'd found
here, in the same way maybe it's good I saw that disgusting email about
Obama.  Having seen both, there's no way I can shut my eyes to exactly how
much further this country needs to come.  We have come a long way, but we
still have an incredible distance yet to go, as both of these examples
clearly illustrate.

For some interesting current research on American perceptions of Mormonism,
Islam, and atheists, check out:

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=358

I attended a fascinating forum this evening sponsored by the Sciphre
Institute that Bill London announced here on the Viz featuring our own Joe
Campbell as well as Dr. Linda Beail from Point Loma Nazarene University.
Only good can come from more people attending balanced presentations and
thinking about the issue from various perspectives.  With more information
and critical intellectual analysis, maybe we'd see/hear/read far, far less
of the kind of hateful bigotry glaringly apparent in both examples.

JMHO,

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

nothing.

~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2008 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****