[Vision2020] Stimulus package

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 14:22:29 PST 2008

Don't know as I can disagree with some of your sentiments here.  However, Romney has proven he can't run his own state without grinding their financial stability into the ground.  I don't think he'd be all that much better running a whole country.

Don't like Obama for a NUMBER of reasons but can't say I like the Clintons any better.  On that scoreboard, neither candidate seems like a good choice.

I may be a might off here, but in recent history at least, hasn't a republican been in office every time we face a recession or actually gone into one?  Certainly, every time we've faced going to war, seems like a repub has been in the lead.  Usually, war times see an increase in production and jobs in this country but that has totally not been the case this time around.  Say what you will about the Dems, but they do seem able to drag this country out of or off the brink of recession every time they come into office after a repub has put us in the bad spot.

Gas prices may be going lower lately; however, they go up at $.10 a pop and down at only $.1 a week or day at a time.  Seems like we are being placated so as to think, mayhaps, that things are getting better when in fact they aren't.  (Hear about the gas dealer who was shut down because he "undersold" his gas at a rocking $2.29/gal?  Fuel companies were totally not happy with him about that one.)  That's what seems to be happening with these "tax rebates" that are supposed to stimulate the economy - still don't understand how that is supposed to work.  And cutting corporate taxes is only going to put more burden on the families who carry the lion's share of that anyway.  Don't see how reducing their (the corps) input is going to help anyone but the corps.  Just what they need - more reasons not to pay their fair share.

Over-buying seems like the thing to do in the 2000's....seems like we have our own example of such in Moscow....anyone renting the Howard Hughes building yet?  Or seen development on the Mt. View property going anywhere?  And just how is that new garage on N Polk going - not that its supposed to be going anywhere, seeing how a permit for it has yet to be approved.  Oh well.

J  :]