[Vision2020] How Could Anyone Support That Woman?

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Jan 25 13:01:24 PST 2008

Believe me, I'm not a "wild-about-Hillary" type at all.  I think I would have liked her very much about 30 years ago, when she hadn't met Bill, and THAT Hillary would likely have grown up to be a formidable candidate -- intelligent, caring, strong, but without the taint o' slime from her man.

Still, the thought of McCain affirming that we could be in Iraq for another several decades, the loose cannon that is Giuliani, Huckabee's grinning mouthful of Religious Right American Pie, and Romney's oozing schmoozefest -- there's not a one of 'em I could vote for.  And I'm a Democrat, so quite naturally I gravitate toward Edwards, who of the three left is the most "essentially Democratic" in his social and foreign policies.  He won't win, though, so I will gladly support Obama, with whom I agree on almost everything, and for whom I'd work as hard as I could.  I was very impressed with Richardson, and my prediction is that Obama/Richardson will be the Democrats' ticket come November.

Oh, yeah.  Ron Paul.  Sorry, but it's not enough to be opposed to the war in Iraq.  I'm not a Libertarian and don't believe there's such a thing as Christian Libertarian, and so Ron and I will have to agree to disagree.  In all seriousness, though, it bothers me how undiscerning his supporters are.  Many are true, free-market Libertarians; most, it seems, are just contrarians, rabid anti-Iraq'ers whose blinders are tightly screwed on, or the grossly ignorant who think that secular Libertarianism looks enough like affluent anglo male Christian dominion to warrant their support.

Keely