[Vision2020] Banned From Church

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 21:38:58 PST 2008

The Republican Party in the 1880 was split between two factions. Garfield was in one faction, his VP in another. Garfield was suppose to split the 10,000s of appointments he made between the two factions. He didn't, he gave preference to his faction. He made a guy mad that didn't get an appointment he was promised, and he shot Garfield in a train station so his VP, in his faction, would make the appointments for his faction.

  After that, it drew attention to the fact that the President was bogged down for years trying to make appointments and tied up in political battles in every county. So, legislation was passed to have government offices filled on the bases of merit, not party politics, as they are today.

  Best,

  Donovan

Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:
  On Jan 19, 2008 7:31 PM, Donovan Arnold wrote:
> Oh yes, the great and mighty wisdom of the great James A Garfield, president
> for a few days, who was shot for selling off his cabinet positions.

Uh. Garfield was actually shot for *not* selling an ambassadorship, by
a schizophrenic who believed that he had willed Garfield's presidency
into existence.

> I am sure that if in 1881, as in 2008, if churches were taxed, Black
> churches, Catholic Churches, Mormon Church's, Synagogues and minority
> religions, would have all been taxed and given the same level of service as
> Protestant Churches, because we as a nation, have always been fair in how we
> collect and divide our resources, right?
>
> Brilliant idea to tax the churches. We can also give rebates to churches
> that preach what the government and the majority of voters thinks is best,
> like birth control, or being against abortion, depending on the district,
> right?
>
> One thing I want, is my church being under the control financially of people
> that disagree with my religion like the local, state, and federal
> governments. Why not, they do everything else great don't they?
>
> Injecting government power and control over churches has always gone so well
> in world history, so lets try it again, right?

It seems to work fine in Europe, these days. Not that I would recommend it here.

-- ACS