[Vision2020] Anderson "Silo" Development, Jackson & 6th, May Include Wind Turbines?

Dave tiedye at turbonet.com
Thu Jan 17 17:16:07 PST 2008

This is actually not a "new" type is it is a old type that is not
largely used. It is called a "Darrieus" or "egg beater"  turbine.  Like
all tech it has advantages and disadvantages, i.m.o. the biggest
advantage is that they are bird safe.

They are not being being used in the U.S. because we don't give a damn
about our co-inhabitants.  They are being used in Europe and Japan (and
China?).

There are versions tweaked to work well on building roofs, they catch
the updraft off the building as well as the wind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrieus_wind_turbine

(A pet project of mine that I'm not getting around too is to design an
under $200 version that any handyperson could build and put on their
roof, want to help?)

Dave

--
Windows, OSX, or Linux is the same choice as:
McDonalds, Burger King, or a (real) Co-Op.