[Vision2020] Will Moscow support Hawkins sprawl-mall?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jan 12 18:25:31 PST 2008

Very good points, keely.

Only a few questions remain . . .

1)  How soon does the current city council anticipate the ground-breaking
ceremony for the new Wal-Mart Super Center (next to the old Tidyman's/new
Northwest River Supply)?  We really must maintain the competitive edge on
Pullman's Wal-Mart Super Center ten miles away, right?

2)  How soon will that triangular lot on the south edge of town be sold (now
that them self-serving liberals are gone) and rezoned for a school
auditorium or a church tower or a "whinery" (all tax-exempt, of course)?

And once again the city council, as each session adjourns after rezoning
Moscow into a maze of strip malls and tax-exempt private schools,  will
retire to their residents where they will continue to bemoan ever-increasing
property taxes and ponder why students move on to greener pastures upon
graduation.

How does that quote go, something like . . .

"Do not blame them, God, for they know not of what they are doing.  They are
mere lambs being led to their slaughter."

Yet, to convince themselves that what they do is in the best interests of
our little berg, they may continue to receive and renew their prescriptions
of . . .

"Instant Karma"

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2klell

"Instant karma's gonna get you

Gonna knock you off your feet

Better recognize your brothers

Everyone you meet

Why in the world are we here

Surely not to live in pain and fear

Why on earth are you there

When you're everywhere

Come and get your share."

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Only by going too far can one possibly find out how far one can go."

- Jon Dyer

  _____