[Vision2020] City Council Assignments

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jan 9 11:44:05 PST 2008

Thank you, Dan -

I know that I speak on behalf of a vast majority of V2020 subscribers when I
say, "Thanks for keeping us informed."

I only have one question (maybe two).

How were these committee assignments made?

Were they discussed, and voted upon, in an open forum consisting of a quorum
of city councilors?

Were they discussed behind closed doors in the absence of sufficient
councilors for a quorum?

What qualifications does each committee chair possess to qualify him to
chair that committee?

My primary concern relates to an open forum consisting of a quorum of city
councilors making such important, impacting decisions.

If these appointments were made, as Council President Bill Lambert suggests,
in a quasi-official meeting lacking sufficient council members to qualify as
a quorum, why?

These "appointments" were presented by Bill Lambert at Monday's city council
session without as much as a discussion.

http://www.moscowcares.com/Committee_Appt_010708.htm

Once again, thank you, Dan, for keeping us informed.  May we hear from you
always.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"I was a stranger, and you welcomed me."  (Matthew 25:35)

  _____