[Vision2020] book recommendations

jeanlivingston jeanlivingston at turbonet.com
Thu Jan 3 23:24:59 PST 2008

The Nine, by Jeffrey Toobin, about the longest period of time that a
group of the same nine justices comprised the U.S. Supreme Court in
our nation's history, from 1994 to 2005.  Fascinating reading, and
not at all limited to lawyers.  It is written at a level that
explains a few particular cases succinctly and for laypeople, but what
makes it so fascinating are the details about the particular justices,
anecdotes, and personal items, not just their legal reasoning or
their votes on cases.   Incredibly readable and very informative; I
couldn't put it down.

The Beatles, by Bob Spitz  Very detailed and interesting insight into
the Fab Four.  (Kai might not love it!).

I suppose this is passe already, but...

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by JK Rowling

I would be curious to hear comments on "the Kite Runner" and "A
Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini, two books that are on my
list of "books to beread."

Bruce Livingston