[Vision2020] Best Albums of 2007

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 10:35:09 PST 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 6:51 AM, Dan Carscallen <areaman at moscow.com> wrote:

> I'm another one of those guys who hasn't bought anything new this year,

The wife and I usually do buy 10 or more albums a year, but generally
it is stuff that is "off the beaten track," as we don't consider that
that the major labels deserve or require our support.  Our discovery
this year is Robynn Ragland, who is wonderful.  You can buy her entire
album "Modern American Female Gut" from Amazon as an MP3 download,
very high quality, with no DRM, for $6.99.  Recommended.

As far as "Raising Sand" goes, I listen to it on imeem.com, which is
an amazing (and legal, and free) service allowing you to listen to
almost anything gratis.  Between imeem.com and pandora.com, I suppose
I listen to 90% of my music.

I love Allison Krauss, and Robert Plant sounds better on this album
than he has ever sounded.  Seriously.

By the way, did you know that the Eagles released a new album
yesterday, and that it is fabulous?  It sounds just like they had
never stopped recording, all those years ago (1979).

Chas