[Vision2020] Better Match Investment Timelines (was: Otter Has Plan)

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 12:30:19 PST 2008

Donovan et. al.

Idaho may maintain it's appeal and continue expanding population, with
continued housing construction and development, even with a recession in the
US economy.  While Bush and Bernanke are obviously trying to avoid "panic,"
some economists in less politicized positions are facing the economic
realities indicating a recession is likely:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/economists-say-2008-year-forget/story.aspx?guid=%7BF1BD8B30-B628-4AA3-853E-1FDD8D54A33E%7D

"The recession is likely to be a serious one," said Dean Baker, co-director
of the Center for Economic and Policy Research.

He estimated losses in prime mortgages will be two to three times the
$160-$200 billion hit seen in the subprime sector. This, he said, will lead
to large losses at banks and difficulty for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

University of Chicago professor of finance and former chief economist at the
International Monetary Fund, Raghuram Rajan, said questions in the media
over whether the U.S. economy will fall into recession are really only about
semantics.

"We are going to have very low growth in the first two quarters of the year.
Whether it is negative or zero, it is going to feel like the same thing,"
Rajan said.
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett