[Vision2020] If Jimmy Carter Won His Second Term

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Tue Feb 26 18:16:38 PST 2008

In light of Saundra's comments about Jimmy Carter, I
hereby submit some lyrics:

If Jimmy Carter Won His Second Term
http://garrettclevenger.com/songs/ifjimmycarterwonhisscndterm.htm
©2005 Garrett Clevenger

G C D G D C

Chorus:
G C D G D C       If Jimmy Carter won his second term.
G Am C D D7     If Jimmy Carter defeated Reagan.
F   C  Am  Em     What if Jimmy's policies became our
country's history.
D C G D C          If Jimmy Carter won his second
term.
G C D G D C

D   G  C D G        Jimmy knew our energy policy
D   G  C D G        Should strive towards
sustainabliity.
Em Am C D G     But Big Oil greased the way and pushed
Jimmy out.
Em Am C D G    "Bye, bye, Jimmy!" they all were heard
to shout.

{chorus}

D   G  C D G        Ronald Reagan gave Saddam Hussein
D   G  C D G        Money and weapons to help Big Oil
gain
Em Am C D G     access to oil fields deep down below
Em Am C D G     to insure to America cheap oil would
flow.

{chorus}

D   G  C D G       Twenty plus five years have passed
for those still alive.
D   G  C D G       Now we are at war and it costs way
more to drive.
Em Am C D G     Jimmy's enemies used much less to
defeat him.
Em Am C D G     But if he had won I think we'd have
more friends.

{chorus}

Eb D A Bb A Bb G    Iran- Contra, CIA sells crack to
wage a war.
Eb D A Bb A Bb G    Savings and Loans went down under,
corrupt to the core.
Eb D A Bb A Bb G    Politicians takin' money in
exchange to pass a law.
Eb D A Bb A Bb G    Oh, who can we trust to restore
order?

D   G  C D G        I hope Jimmy runs for President
again.
D   G  C D G        For him I'd vote 'cause on him we
can depend
Em Am C D G     to cut our ties to oil, feed the poor,
reduce our toil
Em Am C D G     and provide habitat for every boy and
goyl.

{chorus}

G Am C D D7     If Jimmy Carter defeated Reagan.
F   C  Am  Em     What if Jimmy's policies became our
country's history.
D C G D C          If Jimmy Carter won his second
term.
G C D G D C      If Jimmy Carter won his second term. {repeat}