[Vision2020] Narcissist Nader May Run Attention

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Sat Feb 23 16:09:25 PST 2008

g writes:

"This is just the tip of the iceberg, I could go on."
in reference to Obama policies.

Since when did we become a dictatorship?  I thought
that these things you mention would have to get
congressional approval?  If that's the case, then
those things would only happen if the majority voted
for it.

But as we know with campaign rhetoric, just because
someone says something, doesn't make it so.

Bush pledged during his campaign to put a mandatory
cap on greenhouse gasses (like in Texas) but we know
where that went... total reversal.  Whether that's
because he had a change of heart or knew Congress
wouldn't approve is conjecture.

Of the 3 mainstream candidates who potentially will be
president, Obama is more closely aligned with my
values.  Those who don't like his underlying
philosophy will look elsewhere.  I suppose they will
hope their candidate will follow through on their
policies.  But things won't happen without the
majority of Congress (unless you pull a Bush and
declare as many Executive Orders (or have presidential
signing statements that nullify laws Congress passes))
 Then, I suppose, the US Monarchy will continue...

gclev