[Vision2020] Tom Lamar's Editorial Re: Hawkins Water & Sewer Agreement

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 15:32:46 PST 2008

On Feb 17, 2008 2:32 PM, Ted Moffett <starbliss at gmail.com> wrote:
> chasuk at gmail.com wrote:

> After reading Tom Lamar's Moscow/Pullman Daily News editorial explaining his
> no vote on the Hawkins deal with the city of Moscow, I am even more
> convinced claiming that "every nuance of opinon had already been expressed
> ad nauseum" is simply untrue, and expresses a dismissiveness towards the
> critics of the Hawkins deal that appears an attempt to shut down debate and
> discussion about an important set of issues that should have been placed
> before the public for discussion, as Tom Lamar stated:

You may be right, up to a point.  The opinion I expressed was just
that -- an opinion -- and it may have been wrong.  I tend to be wrong
about as often as I am right, sometimes more.  However, I have no
sinister plan to shut down debate, which is what you seem to imply.
Debate away, please.  When I made my admittedly dismissive post, I was
of the opinion that the issue was akin to flogging a dead horse.  I am
still half of that opinion, but am feeling gently dissuaded.  Who
knows what tomorrow will bring?

Chas