[Vision2020] Executive Sessions

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Wed Feb 13 21:56:34 PST 2008

Stephanie replied back to me this:

"There would not have been an agreement to discuss
with the public
because they had to sign the confidentiality agreement
prior to the
mediation."

I replied:

Do you know why they had to sign the confidentiality
agreement?  Is that the mandate for any DOE
settlement?

She replied back:

"From what they said at the Council meeting, the
confidentiality
agreement was a requirement for participating in the
mediation."

My reply back to v2020 is that just because the
council people said it, doesn't mean it is true.

Does anybody know if the DOE mandates confidentiallity
of settlements?

Tom writes, also:

"Perhaps we should take a queue from our neighbor to
the west"

I reply:

Sounds good to me.  We have the camaras in place.
They should record ES's...

HB 3292 - DIGEST

Requires a governing body holding an executive session

under this act to make a verbatim audio recording of
the
complete executive session and retain the recording
for a
period of two years. Such recordings are public
records not
subject to public inspection and copying under chapter
42.56
RCW except by court order as specified in this act, or
unless
authorized by the governing body.
Provides in an action under chapter 42.30.110 RCW
alleging a violation of the executive session
provisions in
this act, a party challenging the lawfulness of the
executive
session bears the burden of proof.
Provides if the party challenging the lawfulness of
the
executive session supports its allegation with
credible
evidence, supported by declaration or affidavit, the
court
shall review the entire verbatim audio recording in
camera.
After such review, if the court finds that the
executive
session was not in compliance with the provisions of
this
chapter related to such session, it may order
disclosure of
only those portions of the verbatim audio recording of
the
executive session found not in compliance, subject to
such
other exemptions as may exist in law. The remainder of
the
verbatim audio recording found to comply with this
chapter
shall not be disclosed.