[Vision2020] Hawkins Water & Sewer Agreement

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 13:53:36 PST 2008

chasuk at gmail.com wrote:

I've known Wayne Krauss for years, and he seems an intelligent, solid
citizen.  He is certainly an asset to our community.  If he tells me
that, after due consideration of all available options, it was better
to accommodate Hawkins, then I believe him.  After all, I did vote for
him to make informed decisions on my behalf.  I haven't read anything
here that would convince me that Wayne didn't perform his duty
honorably and wisely.
------------

Chas-

I am curious if you think there should or should not have been more open
public discussion of this water/sewer/responders deal between Moscow and the
Hawkins developers, given the potential impacts on the residents and
taxpayers in Moscow?  Thousands of other Moscow residents did not vote for
Wayne Krauss, after all.  Don't you think their potential objections to this
Moscow/Hawkins deal deserve to be heard before deals are made in "secret?"
Government officials are elected to represent their entire constituency, not
only those who voted for them.  I am not disputing your admiration for Wayne
Krauss.  But honorable intelligent people can make questionable decisions.

Ted Moffett