[Vision2020] Water and Sewer Agreements

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 9 19:13:36 PST 2008

In part, Garrett wrote:
"Does anyone know if Moscow has similar agreements with other private
parties guaranteeing them water and sewer?"

Thanks, Garrett, for asking the question because it's something I've been
wondering as well.  My limited understanding from watching previous city
councils is that it seems for property *outside* Moscow city limits to be
able to get City of Moscow water & sewer services, they generally have to be
annexed into city limits.  However comments made by some have made me wonder
if perhaps I've misunderstood previous requests from those outside city
limits to be served by city water & sewer?

Does anyone know how many water and/or sewer customers outside city limits
Moscow has and how long the City has accommodated such requests?

And, since I got no response to my earlier question (given the breadth of
varied knowledge of Visionaries, I thought this would be a good place to
ask, but maybe not), I'm going to ask again:  can someone please tell me
what effect the City of Moscow supplying water to the Hawkins development
will have on our ability to meet the voluntary pumping limits in the Ground
Water Management Plan?  IIRC, we've only recently managed to meet the 1%
annual increase limit and we were very close to the top of the 125% ceiling.

TIA,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2008 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****