[Vision2020] Legislative Update 6 from Rep Trail - Feb 4-8 & child forced back...

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Sat Feb 9 18:17:27 PST 2008

Rep. Trail asks:

"Why do we have such a double diplomatic standard with
Cuba when we have normalized trade and diplomatic
relations with China, Viet Nam, and many other
communist countries?"

I respond:

Considering it seems we have a bunch of hypocrites
running our country, the better question would be:

"Why do we continue to let closed minded bigots get
away with discriminating against whole countries (and
people) because of perceived but non-existent
threats?"

It seems to me official US policy is more of a threat
to countries (and people) in a way more direct way.

I thought the US was supposed to be about liberty and
democracy, not walling off others (or keeping them in
the closet) in an attempt to get rid of them.

Go, Tom Trail, and help the US open up trade with
Cuba.  Soon Fidel will be gone and the US would be
wise to be in good terms with Cuba when that happens.

Thanks,

Garrett Clevenger