[Vision2020] Hawkins Mall and Moscow

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Feb 6 19:09:11 PST 2008

By the mere fact that the topic was discussed, and an agreement reached,
IN SECRECY give it an odious characteristic of suspicion.

These are elected officials, receiving pay from city revenues, making
decisions concerning the city of Moscow and its residents.  The people
have a right to know.

How can the people of Moscow have any faith or confidence in a city
council and mayor that conducts business in privacy outside of a
legitimate executive session?

To answer your question, Mr. Crabtree . . . Yes, they should have refused
to proceed after it was determined that a signed statement of non-
disclosure was a prerequisite to the proceedings.

We, the people of Moscow, elected them onto the council.  They MOST
CERTAINLY owe us their candor and honesty.  Anything short of that is
disloyal.

> I admit that I am less than wildly enthusiastic about the perceived lack
of
> transparency but I am satisfied with the outcome. Some discussions
between
> public and private entities must, by necessity, be behind closed doors.
Now