[Vision2020] Hawkins Mall and Moscow

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Wed Feb 6 10:30:40 PST 2008

After working to get the City to come to their senses
regarding the Noise Ordinance and watching the city in
action, my response is I don't trust our City to make
decisions based on what's best for Moscow and its
people.  I'm not surprised that the current Council is
willing to sell out our tax-dollars and water for
development.

Walter Steed had told me he thought the NO should have
time constraints and Dan Carscallen said he thought
the NO should be put in the "shitcan" and rewritten,
yet they both voted for the original, unacceptable
version.

Bill Lambert and John Weber never replied to my
repeated requests to answer my questions and the
wanted to pass the NO on the first reading without
giving the public a chance to input.

Tom Lamar, after originally voting to bring the NO to
the council in the first place, was too "swamped" to
insure that an acceptable version was passed.

Nancy Chaney said she would take public testimony at
the City Council meeting, yet she finally decided
against allowing the public to testify.

Randy Fife twice gave the Council the wrong version of
the Noise Ordinance they were to consider.

My most reasonable meeting was with Chief Dan Weaver
who agreed with my compromise saying it was
reasonable.  Unfortunately, at the Council meeting, he
said he preferred the original version, of course,
because that's like asking a kid if he wants one
cookie or the whole cookie jar.

In the end, it seems everybody just wanted what they
wanted, irregardless of the consequences to everyone
else, no matter how reasonable the request for
compromise is.

The irony is, the Greater Moscow Alliance endorsed
candidates supposedly are for private property rights,
yet they don't care that landlords and homeowners can
now be cited under a potentially unconstitutional NO.
So their hypocrisy equals their contempt for what is
best for the long-term health of our community.

Good luck holding these folks accountable!

Sincerely,

Garrett Clevenger

[Vision2020] Hawkins Mall and Moscow

roger hayes rhayes at turbonet.com