[Vision2020] Democratic Caucus Tomorrow

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 14:56:12 PST 2008

Remember, for the Democratic Caucus tomorrow, you must be in the
building at the Latah County Fairgrounds between 6:00pm - 7:00pm, or
you won't be able to vote.  There will be no admittance before 6:00pm,
or after 7:00pm, so if you want to vote, please be there during those
hours.

Normally, as a Democrat in Idaho, I feel that my vote is fairly
meaningless, but we might be able to make a difference this year.
There are a lot of disillusioned Republicans who are voting Democrat
this year.

http://www.latahdemocrats.org/

>From the Latah Democrats webpage:

Latah County Democrats, Delegate Selection Caucus

February 5, 2008

Latah County Fairgrounds, 1021 Harold St. in Moscow

Doors open at 6:00 PM, Caucus begins at 7:00 PM

No one will be admitted to the caucus after 7:00 PM

Delegates for the June Democratic State Convention will be selected at
the caucus.

Here is how it works:

    * Sign in and fill out a pledge-form indicating your choice (or
"uncommitted") for a candidate.
    * Roll is taken using the sign-in sheet as the first roll call and
candidate votes are totaled.
    * Group in your candidate's sub-caucus.   If your candidate has
received less than 15% of the vote, you'll then be given the
opportunity to switch your vote to another candidate.  Only candidates
receiving 15% or more of the vote are eligible to have delegates.
Your sub-caucus will be given 3 minutes to address the assembly to
advocate for your candidate.
    * Second roll call is made and the caucus chair announces the
number of delegates awarded to each candidate based on the percentage
of votes gained.
    * Elections are held within the sub-caucuses to elect the
delegates for your candidate to the convention.

If you would like to be a delegate to the Democratic state convention,
you can nominate yourself on the night of the caucus, someone else can
nominate you, or if you cannot attend the caucus, you can submit a
pledge form in advance and request that your name be placed in
nomination at the caucus.

We have a great group of Presidential candidates to choose from.  So
come to the caucus and vote for your favorite.  To help at the caucus
or if you have questions, email Amy Ford amystoneford at yahoo.com.

REMEMBER:  NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED AFTER 7 PM.  COME EARLY!