[Vision2020] Fragments of our Lord

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 31 23:24:22 PST 2008

Chas,

You write, "I'm non-theistic, which means, as a logical consequence, that I can't
have any opinions as to the attributes of any hypothesized God.  If I
did believe, however, it doesn't automatically follow that my belief
would describe a God who was benevolent, or care about my respect."

Which is why I said it was a God not to be respected if it meant harm to innocent people, not that it was or was not a God. I am very certain that there are Gods out to harm others.

'I suggest that you misinterpret, or possibly misrepresent, this common
atheist analogy.  Putting on my atheist hat: the existence of God
seems to be supported by much less than many other things in which you
disbelieve for insufficient evidence, such as magical unicorns.  This
double-standard is vexing, no imputations of stupidity required."

No, I am obviously not misunderstanding, I am very clear on the atheist thinking, which is flawed on two logical points.

First, there is a different standard for God than a unicorn because the unicorn is a physical thing, and it is either witnessed by physical evidence that cannot be denied, or there is a lack of physical evidence. God is not a physical entity other than He is all that is physical and not physical, he is everything. The only way to have proof of God's existence is to witness something He does that is evidence to you.

Second, it is not logical to believe there is no God when you have no evidence that there is no God. It would only be logical to be either agnostic, unknowing if there is a God, or believing that you have seen or witnessed the existence of God.

I believe that most people have witnessed something to believe in a God. Atheists are just people who have not seen, or refuse to believe in God because it makes them free to do what they want to do and not be responsible to him or anyone else.

Atheists are often easily confused about religion. Such as confusing people that claim religion to do evil, from those that are truly believers and followers of a holy loving God.

Best Regards,

Donovan

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 17:08, Donovan Arnold
<donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> A better way of putting it, is if it something requiring you to
deliberately
> and intentionally harm innocent people it is not from a God to be
respected.

I'm non-theistic, which means, as a logical consequence, that I can't
have any opinions as to the attributes of any hypothesized God.  If I
did believe, however, it doesn't automatically follow that my belief
would describe a God who was benevolent, or care about my respect.

> It irritates me to no end, that many atheists think so many people of
faith
> only believe in God because we are stupid followers and believe in magical
> unicorns and the Loch ness Monster.

I suggest that you misinterpret, or possibly misrepresent, this common
atheist analogy.  Putting on my atheist hat: the existence of God
seems to be supported by much less than many other things in which you
disbelieve for insufficient evidence, such as magical unicorns.  This
double-standard is vexing, no imputations of stupidity required.

Chas