[Vision2020] Fragments of our Lord

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 17:49:29 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 17:08, Donovan Arnold
<donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> A better way of putting it, is if it something requiring you to deliberately
> and intentionally harm innocent people it is not from a God to be respected.

I'm non-theistic, which means, as a logical consequence, that I can't
have any opinions as to the attributes of any hypothesized God.  If I
did believe, however, it doesn't automatically follow that my belief
would describe a God who was benevolent, or care about my respect.

> It irritates me to no end, that many atheists think so many people of faith
> only believe in God because we are stupid followers and believe in magical
> unicorns and the Loch ness Monster.

I suggest that you misinterpret, or possibly misrepresent, this common
atheist analogy.  Putting on my atheist hat: the existence of God
seems to be supported by much less than many other things in which you
disbelieve for insufficient evidence, such as magical unicorns.  This
double-standard is vexing, no imputations of stupidity required.

Chas