[Vision2020] Snow Grouch

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Tue Dec 30 07:28:18 PST 2008

Saundra wrote:

"Those with honest-to-God legitimate excuses aren't the ones who are the problems."

For example, along West A Street: Superior Floor Products, The Renaissance Mall, U City Rentals property under construction, et al.

Yes, a lot of people have little or no choice but to walk, and we ought be encouraging as many people as possible to walk.  I agree about hypocritical Moscow whose high flown words do not match their actions, not only in this instance, but in others, e.g. traffic. bicycle, and pedestrian laws enforcement.  Some officers from both the two local law enforcement agencies in Moscow not only do not enforce these laws, but are violators themselves.

A new mayor, city council, city manager, and director of public works are certainly part of the solution to these and other problems.

I feel very fortunate to be served by the North Latah Highway District, who not only does a stellar job in winter, but does it in the shamefully small hours of the morning so that people can get to work on time, that the school buses can operate on time, and the morning papers can be delivered on time.

W.