[Vision2020] Energy Crisis Solution Proposal WAS: RE: NASA's... Temperature Summaries

Robert Dickow dickow at turbonet.com
Sat Dec 27 12:17:32 PST 2008

Wow, this temp data was pretty detailed. My question is, is this a good time
to buy some nice holiday beach-front properties on the shores of Baffin
Island?

Anyway, I think I have a possible solution to the energy crisis, and I'm
looking for venture capital:

Gerbils.

Yes, you read that right. Gerbils. Ever notice how they spend a lot of time
running at top speed in those little wire wheels?  So, why not hook them up
to turbines and generate some electricity? Yes, there are advantages as well
as technical problems, which I'll address here:

Advantages:

(1)	Cheap, quiet, renewable and secure power source. They breed like
mad, so when one gets exhausted, just throw it away.
(2)	Secure. Their aggressive biting tendencies will discourage terrorist
threats against our vulnerable national resources.
(3)	Low pollution. They mostly only produce little teeny poops that can
be composted and sold. I'm not even sure if they ever pee.
(4)	Low fuel requirements. No coal needed!! For fuel they only require
inexpensive seeds, roots, and berries, and things along that line.
(5)	They are really cute, and so the power plants could also attract the
tourist trade, generating further income.

Disadvantages:

(1). They only spin for a couple of minutes at a time:
                This issue implies the need for huge numbers of gerbils.
Large power plants with several million gerbils may be required.  However,
after selectively breeding, we can develop a line of gerbils that are
bigger, more powerful power workers. We can develop a line of gerbils with
chronic ADHD, for example, maximizing power generation.

As you can see, the advantages far outway (sic) the disadvantages. I'm
surprised no one else has thought of this. Anyway, I'm inviting potential
investors to get in touch. There are more good things in store for the
future; I'm developing an idea to use beavers to work in the timber
industry, which will be a boon to Idaho's economy, so stay tuned.

Bob Dickow, troublemaker

Happy Holidays!

2008 temperature summaries and spin
Filed under:
.	Instrumental Record
.	Climate Science
- gavin @ 1:56 PM
The great thing about complex data is that one can basically come up with
any number of headlines describing it - all of which can be literally true -
but that give very different impressions. Thus we are sure <snip>