[Vision2020] Shoe-Tossing Rallies in Canada

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 20:03:04 PST 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 19:43, Donovan Arnold
<donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If you don't think the terminology is used by those that hate the US, and it is used as a pejorative, I suggest you dig a little deeper into Anti-American culture.

I spent 15 years living overseas, Donovan.  Which of us do you think
might be better acquainted with anti-American culture?

I know that USian is used by some in a pejorative manner, but not in
the majority of cases, despite your limited sampling.  There are few
words in the English language-- arguably, none -- that cannot be used
pejoratively.

I, and ALL of the people whom I know, or have known, who use the word
USian, use it as a less-ambiguous alternative to "American" when
referring to United States nationals.