[Vision2020] Donovan, Canadians ARE Americans!

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 21 13:32:07 PST 2008

Dave,

I took Social Studies, American History, and US Government at Moscow High School.

And may I say the teachers there are excellent. I was able to get a degree in Political Science from UI, in part, thanks to my excellent education at MHS.

I will again state to you. I did not use the term "American" as an exclusive term to refer to the US.

And second, the use of the term "American" in place of the term "US Citizen" or something referring to people in the United States of America, is proper usage of the term. If you don't believe me, try picking up a dictionary, almanac or visit Wikipedia for more references.

Americans is short for "United States of Americans", which is wordy. It is not meant to exclude people or say we are better. Such thinking is ignorance of the meaning behind the terminology.

Best Regards,

Donovan