[Vision2020] Steed still selling Moscow water?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Dec 21 06:40:15 PST 2008

Thanks for bringing this up.

Your attention is invited to

1)  Washington Water Permit Appeals, Mediation and Potential Settlement
http://www.moscowcares.com/Topic_Washington_Water_Permit_Hawkins_Mall.htm

Presented in encapsulated format are links to videos of public discussion
concerning this matter.  The time-frame of these discussions covers
February 4, 2008 thru March 17, 2008 (what I like to refer to as the "eye
of the storm")

2)  Public Forum on Hawkins Companies/Water Rights Agreement
(March 4, 2008)

http://www.moscowcares.com/Hawkins_Water_Panel_030408.htm

Of unique interest, during this public discussion, was Councilor Krauss'
response to a question submitted by a member of the audience (near thed
end).  The audience member asked, in words to the affect, "Since the city
council was not provided sufficient notice by Hawkins Companies [for the
contract meeting in Spokane] (a claim repeated by Councilor Krauss several
times), why didn't they [the city council] request a continuance."  At
that time, Councilor Krauss asked Mayor Chaney (who was in the audience),
(again) in words to the affect, "Could we have done that?"  To which Mayor
Chaney responded, in words to the affect, "I don't know.  Maybe."

Councilor Krauss then proceeded to inform those in attendance (in what can
only be characterized as a "Say What?" moment), in words to the
affect, "Hey, most of us here on the city council have second jobs.  We
can't simply drop everything and run off to Spokane."  Translation:  I
don't have time to serve the people of Moscow.

3)  The Agreement
http://www.MoscowCares.com/100608_07_WhitmanCityJntPowAgr_CommRep.pdf

4)  Draft Intergovernmental Agreement With Whitman County
(June 23, 2008)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyQTrnrt7Lk

5)  City council discussion concerning pursuing contractual agreements
with Hawkins COmpanies
http://www.moscowcares.com/100608_HawkinsAgreement.htm

In closing, if our city council cannot actively support its constituents
maybe we need more . . .

Closed Doors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uziWdh9MfjI

I have loads of more videos concerning this matter and I will be glad to
share them with you,

Seeya round town, Moscow

PS to our City Council -  What are the city code requirements concerning
backyard lighting on a private residence?  How close can the light
fixtures be to the perimeter?  How large can the light fixture be?  What
are the wattage limitations of such lighting.  I promised a friend that I
would look into this for them.  Thank you.

"For a lapse Lutheran born-again Buddhist pan-Humanist Universalist
Unitarian Wiccan Agnostic like myself there's really no reason ever to go
to work."

- Roy Zimmerman