[Vision2020] Cake for 3-year-old Hitler Namesake Denied

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Dec 17 10:45:43 PST 2008

Well put, Ken.

Also . . .

I am guessing that the bakery that baked the birthday cake (the cake with
the swastika) for little Adolf Hitler Campbell did not, like most bakeries
do, place the cake on display awaiting pickup.  If I were to stop by the
bakery at Rosauers or Wheatberries (like I do almost every Saturday
morning for my Saturday morning munchies) and saw a pastery/cake with a
swastika prominently displayed, I would NEVER shop there again.  But,
that's just me utilizing my freedom of choice.

> On Wednesday 17 December 2008 06:28:17 Tom Hansen wrote:
> <snip>
> > I have absolutely no qualms with parents naming their children.
However,
> > they should have some degree of respect for thir child's future.
>
> They may want to have more respect for their own future. The Johnny Cash
> song "A Boy Named Sue" comes to mind concerning the reaction from the
adult
> being given a strongly undesired name as a child.
>
> > Can you imagine filling out a job application or a school enrollment
> > application, where it requests your full name, and entering "JoyceLynn
> > Aryan Nation Campbell".  Just what would be the image of the Campbell
> > family?
>
> For a substantial part of the application recipients, ignorant of the
meaning
> and import of the name Aryan Nation, the image might well be "Oh, well,
> that's a little different." Next. Others, who know of Aryan Nations,
might
> wonder whether this applicant has psychological problems with which the
> application recipient does not want to become involved. Next. It seems
likely
> that only the recipient truly willing to go out of his or her way to
find out
> the true nature of the applicant would proceed beyond a cursory
examination.

> Fortunately, for all of these children, on their eighteenth birthdays
they can
> give themselves the present of a new legal name via the appropriate
court in
> their area of residence. Then they can decide whether to disown their
> parents, or like the boy named Sue, accept them.
>

> Ken

"For a lapse Lutheran born-again Buddhist pan-Humanist Universalist
Unitarian Wiccan Agnostic like myself there's really no reason ever to go
to work."

- Roy Zimmerman