[Vision2020] Fw: CRAPO ANNOUNCES IDAHO 2009 MILITARY ACADEMY NOMINATIONS

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Mon Dec 15 10:34:02 PST 2008

There is one student from Moscow here.
Roger
-----Original message-----

From: "Crapo News Release (Crapo)" newsclips at crapo.senate.gov
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:16:57 -0800
Subject: CRAPO ANNOUNCES IDAHO 2009 MILITARY ACADEMY NOMINATIONS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT:    Susan Wheeler (202) 224-5150

December 15, 2008
Lindsay Nothern (208) 344-1108

CRAPO ANNOUNCES IDAHO 2009 MILITARY ACADEMY NOMINATIONS

Washington, DC - Idaho Senator Mike Crapo announced his nominations of
33 Idaho students to military service academies, for the freshman class
entering in 2009.  The students' applications are now being considered
by four of the U.S. service academies, where final selections will be
made.

"These are our future leaders from Idaho," Crapo said.  "I am pleased to
assist them continue their education and am proud to see they will also
be protecting our country.  With our nation engaged in defending freedom
and fighting terrorism, it is extremely important that our young
Idahoans are choosing to serve and defend our security."

Each year U.S. Senators and Representatives make nominations to four of
the service academies.  The academies then select from the students
nominated.  Crapo made nominations to the following:  the U.S. Air Force
Academy, Colorado Springs, Colorado; the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy,
Kings Point, New York; the U.S. Military Academy, West Point, New York;
and the U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland.  Congressional
nominations are not required for students attending the U.S. Coast Guard
Academy.

To be eligible for nominations, each student submitted an application
and references, and met certain scholastic requirements under a
deadline.  A nomination does not guarantee acceptance.  Those wishing to
apply for future nominations should contact Karen Roetter in Crapo's
North Idaho Office in Coeur d'Alene at (208) 664-5490.

Crapo 2009 Academy Nominations

U.S. Air Force Academy:

Josh Bartlow, Nampa

Ryan Caven, Boise

James Dose, Pinehurst

Joe Groberg, Idaho Falls

Everett Karpauskas, Caldwell

Dak Kibler, Boise

Garrett Lyons, Boise

Matt Menadier, Moscow

Tucker Nelson, Boise

Montana Patton, Coeur d'Alene

Austin Porter, Rexburg

Joshua Reams, Nampa

Cooper Sampson, Boise

Anthony Starbard, Boise

Dayne Swisher, Naples

Luke Torretta, Coeur d'Alene

Nathan Tousley, St. Anthony

Carolyn Travis, Hayden

Kat Vardell, Sagle

Tanner Washburn, Nampa

U.S. Military Academy at West Point (Army):

Josh Austin, New Plymouth

Chas Cramer, Caldwell

Danyelle Harbauer, Boise

Dak Kibler, Boise

Andy Livermore, Pocatello

Mick Marion, Smelterville

Kyle McCrite, Athol

Courtney Sparks, Boise

Taylor Spencer, Nampa

Leslie Winkleman, Caldwell

U.S. Naval Academy:

Natalie Colla, Coeur d'Alene

DJ Darrow, Rathdrum

Claire Fletcher, Boise

Aaron Klinesmith, Idaho Falls

Ben Kopke, Coeur d'Alene

Meg Licht, McCall

Chase Nelson, Lewiston

Beau Polk, Coeur d'Alene

Fletcher Rydalch, Rexburg

Terry Taylor, Sandpoint

U.S. Merchant Marine Academy:

Natalie Colla, Coeur d'Alene

Kristi Critser, Nampa

DJ Darrow, Rathdrum

Pat Greer, Nampa

Andy Jozwik, Boise

Meg Licht, McCall

Garrett Lyons, Boise

Austin Porter, Rexburg

Anthony Starbard, Boise

Tanner Washburn, Nampa

# # #

To directly link to this news release, please use the following address:

http://crapo.senate.gov/media/newsreleases/release_full.cfm?id=305892

This is generated from an unattended mailbox. If you have constituent
comments or information you would like forwarded to Senator Crapo,
please do so at the Senator's website, http://crapo.senate.gov
<http://crapo.senate.gov/> . Comments sent to this e-mail address will
not be responded to.