[Vision2020] New spamming method?

Sam Scripter moscowsam at verizon.net
Tue Dec 9 23:56:30 PST 2008

NEW SPAMMING METHOD [NOT ON THE INTERNET]?

I experienced today, what seems to be a method of spamming of
a new and different kind. I've never heard about this technique
before. I'm wondering if any of you have, and whether you can
shed any light on it?

I'm a subscriber to Dish Network.  I have a Dish Network receiver
with a DVR. Today I found a new recording that I did not schedule
and that I did not initiate. E.g., It appeared there from action other
than mine.

The recording is only 4 minutes long.  It's title is this:

   "Slingbox-Watch your TV/DVR anywhere in the world"

What's next in this technological world?  Now unsolicited
recordings proposing purchase of products or services can
be left on one's receiver with DVR without one knowing it
in advance!

Technically, Dish Network may argue that I agreed to it by agreeing
to  receive email announcements from them.  I assumed that would be
via the internet, not by the company placing recordings on my VCR.

This is aggressive entrepreneurship beyond good taste.

Sam Scripter