[Vision2020] Gov. Palin Foreign Policy Experience

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Sun Aug 31 08:15:59 PDT 2008

Neither does the President.  Remember Donovan, the President
proposes, the Congress disposes.

I have been unable to document Obama's genius.  Perhaps you could
lead me to his peer-reviewed writings on the Constitution and
international law.

As to Palin, she does seem to have an impressive record in dealing
with corruption in her state.  That suggests to me an ability to get
things done.  Taking on a status quo and prevailing - that is significant.

I agree with you that leadership is important, but leadership has
many dimensions.  IMHO, Obama has yet to reveal himself.  If press
reports are accurate, Obama voted present some 163 times as a state
legislator.  His record as a Senator is equally dismal. Again, if
press reports are accurate, he has spent the majority of his time as
a senator running to be a presidential candidate - most of his
efforts prior to the primary season were all on our nickel.  Many of
his past affiliations are disturbing - Ayers, Wright, etc. And so on and so on.

It is shaping up to be an interesting race - and McCain/Palin seem to
be holding their own. And from the vitriolic and unfounded assertions
being tossed around right here in our own river city, I can safely
predict that by the time the rhetoric ends and the votes begin, there
will be virtually no stone unturned.  We will all have a pretty good
idea about all four candidates. Exciting huh!

See ya on the stump DJ.