[Vision2020] [Bulk] Sarah Palin Flip-Flops

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 18:17:30 PDT 2008

I've got a proposal for everyone, not just Tom, Republicans and
Democrats alike.  Why don't we remove the ridiculous terms "flip-flop"
and "waffles" and so on from our arsenals?  Repeat after me.  It's OK to
change your mind on something, provided you have a strong reason to do
so.  So, instead of "flip-flops", how about "changed their mind for the
wrong reason" or something similar.

If an elected official does something stupid, and I would have to
believe this happens everyday, I don't want them to feel that they
should not correct that mistake because some weisenheimer's going to say
they "flip-floppped" four years down the road.

In this case, what's being alleged isn't even a "flip-flop".  It's
simply lying about their record.

Paul