[Vision2020] Have to be sure who was waterboarded

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Thu Aug 28 10:13:01 PDT 2008

Hi Roger:

The original focus of "Fair and Even" has been lost long ago, so I'm changing the subject line.

If you cannot identify the person who was waterboarded and gave good information, then you have no substantial point to make.  The Bush administration constantly tells us that they have gleaned good intelligence from torturing people, but how can any reasonable person believe such claims now?  They have zero credibility.

I don't know what you mean by your phrase my "scenario," but let me just repeat that if I were president, I would not violate international law and allow torture.  Not only would it be illegal and immoral, there is very good reason to believe that we would not get the information that we would need to protect national security.

Nick

Nick

I don't believe he is the one I am thinking about(not sure). The one I am
thinking of gave the names of other conspirators. It goes without saying that
there will be a lot of false stories. I would like to think that is what I would
if I was being subjected to any intense interrogation. Under your scenario one
would do nothing because the answers may not be true.