[Vision2020] being fair and even

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Aug 26 12:36:16 PDT 2008

Sunil stated:

"Abu Ghraib is not about amusement.  Orders came from above, and the
flunkies at the bottom are the ones who paid the price.  Let's see who
makes the pardons list when W leaves.  I bet Gen. Geoffrey Miller makes
it.  I bet some of the people who drafted the legal opinions make it."

And don't forget about Brigadier General (Oops . . . I mean "Colonel")
Karpinski, the commander of Abu Ghraib at the time who was forced to
endure reduction in rank (from BG to COL) and early retirement.

There is common saying in the military (as well as civilian life) . . .

"Sh*t goes down hill (or down the ladder)."

Some times, the best you can do if you is try to protect those under you
by carrying a big bucket.  Been there.  Done that.