[Vision2020] Fw: Fw: FW: One person's view

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Aug 26 10:30:00 PDT 2008

From: Shane Minden omoksee_fever at hotmail.com
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 06:35:11 -0700
Subject: FW: One person's view

Shane  Cowboy Up Horse Training(208) 875-1615 I may not completely agree with everything she says but for pretty much everything else she hits the nail on the head.>>       Alice Linahan is a real person, a realtor from the Dallas Ft Worth> area (Google her name; you'll get some of her listings).  She has a friend> named Joe Porter whose commentary she has forwarded......>       Dear Friends:>>       My name is Joe Porter. I live in Champaign , Illinois . I'm 46 years> old, a born-again Christian, a husband, a father, a small business owner,a> veteran, and a homeowner. I don't consider myself to be eitherconservative> or liberal, and I vote for the person, not Republican or Democrat. I don't> believe there are 'two Americas ' - but that every person in this country> can be whomever and what ever they want to be if they'll just work to get> there - and nowhere else on earth can they find such opportunities. I> believe our government should help those who are legitimately down!
 trodden,>
and should always put the interests of America first.>>>>       The purpose of this message is that I'm concerned about the futureof> this great nation. I'm worried that the silent majority of honest,> hard-working, tax-paying people in this country have been passive for too> long. Most folks I know choose not to involve themselves in politics. They> go about their daily lives, paying their bills, raising  their kids, and> doing what they can to maintain the good life. They vote and considerdoing> so to be a sacred trust. They shake their heads at the political punditsand> so-called 'news', thinking that what they hear is always spun by whomeveris> reporting it. They can't understand how elected officials can regularly> violate the public trust with pork barrel spending. They don't want> government handouts. They want the government to protect them, not raise> their taxes for more government programs.>>>>       We are in the unique position in this country of electing ourlea!
 ders.>
It's a privilege to do so. I've never found a candidate in any electionwith> whom I agreed on everything. I'll wager that most of us don't even agree> with our families or spouses 100% of the time. So when I step into that> voting booth, I always try to look at the big picture and cast my vote for> the man or woman who is best qualified for the job. I've hired a lot of> people in my lifetime, and essentially that's what an election is - ahiring> process. Who has the credentials? Whom do I want working for me? Whom canI> trust to do the job right?>>>>       I'm concerned that a growing number of voters in this country simply> don't get it. They are caught up in a fervor they can't explain, andcalling> it 'change'.>>>>       Change what?, I ask.>>>>       Well, we're going to change America , they say.>>>>       In what way?, I query.>>>>       We want someone new and fresh in the White House, they exclaim.>>>>       So, someone who's not a politician?, I press.>>>>       Uh, !
 well, no,
we just want a lot of stuff changed, so we're votingfor> Obama, they state.>>>>       So the current system, the system of freedom and democracy that has> enabled a man to grow up in this great country, get a fine education,raise> incredible amounts of money and dominate the news and win his party's> nomination for the White House - that system's all wrong?>>>>       No, no, that part of the system's okay - we just need a lot ofchange.>>>>       And so it goes. 'Change we can believe in.' Quite frankly, I don't> believe that vague proclamations of change hold any promise for me. In> recent months, I've been asking virtually everyone I encounter how they're> voting. I live in Illinois , so most folks tell me they're voting forBarack> Obama. But no one can really tell me why - only that he's going to changea> lot of stuff. Change, change, change. I have yet to find one single person> who can tell me distinctly and convincingly why this man is qualified tobe> President and
Commander-in-Chief of the most powerful nation on earth -> other than the fact that he claims he's going to imple-ment a lot ofchange.>>>>       We've all seen the emails about Obama's genealogy, his upbringing,his> Muslim background, and his church affiliations. Let's ignore this for a> moment. Put it all aside. Then ask yourself, what qualifies this man to be> my president? That he's a brilliant orator and talks about change?>>>>       CHANGE WHAT?>>>>       Friends, I'll be forthright with you - I believe the American voters> who are supporting Barack Obama don't have a clue what they're doing, as> evidenced by the fact that not one of them - NOT ONE of them I've spokento> can spell out his qualifications. Not even the most liberal media can> explain why he should be elected. Political experience? Negligible.Foreign> relations? Non-existent. Achievements?  Name one.  Someone who wants to> unite the country?  If you haven't read his wife's thesis from Princeton ,> look it !
 up on the
web. This is who's lining up to be our next First Lady?> The only thing I can glean from Obama's constant harping about change is> that we're in for a lot of new taxes.>>>>       For me, the choice is clear. I've looked carefully at the twoleading> applicants for the job, and I've made my choice.>>>>       Here's a question - where were you five and a half years ago? Around> Christmas, 2002.  You've had five or six birthdays in that time. My sonhas> grown from a sixth grade child to a high school graduate. Five and a half> years is a good chunk of time.  About 2,000 days.  2,000 nights of sleep.> 6, 000 meals, give or take.>>>>       John McCain spent that amount of time, from 1967 to 1973, in a North> Vietnamese prisoner-of-war camp.>>>>       When offered early release, he refused it.  He considered this offer> to be a public relations stunt by his captors, and insisted that thoseheld> longer than he should be released first.  Did you get that part?  He was> offered his fr!
 eedom,
and he turned it down.  A regimen of beatings and> torture began.>>>>       Do you possess such strength of character?  Locked in a filthy cellin> a foreign country, would you turn down your own freedom in favor of your> fellow man?  I submit that's a quality of character that is rarely found,> and for me, this singular act defines John McCain.>>>>       Unlike several presidential candidates in recent years whosemilitary> service is questionable or non-existent, you will not find anyone to> denigrate the integrity and moral courage of this man.  A graduate of> Annapolis , during his Naval service he received the Silver Star, Bronze> Star, Purple Heart and Distinguished Flying Cross.  His own son is now> serving in the Marine Corps in Iraq.  Barack Obama is fond of saying 'We> honor John McCain's service...BUT...', which to me is condescending and> offensive - because what I hear is, 'Let's forget this man's sacrifice for> his country and his proven leadership abilities, and!
  talk
some more about> change.'>>>>       I don't agree with John McCain on everything - but I am utterly> convinced that he is qualified to be our next President, and I trust himto> do what's right.  I know in my heart that he has the best interests of our> country in mind.  He doesn't simply want to be President - he wants tolead> America , and there's a huge difference.  Factually, there is simply no> comparison between the two candidates.  A man of questionable backgroundand> motives who prattles on about change can't hold a candle to a man who has> devoted his life in public service to this nation, retiring from the Navyin> 1981 and elected to the Senate in 1982.>>>>       Perhaps Obama's supporters are taking a stance between old and new.> Maybe they don't care about McCain's service or his strength of character,> or his unblemished qualifications to be President.  Maybe 'likeability' isa> higher priority for them than 'trust'.  Being a prisoner of war is notwhat> qualifies !
 John
McCain to be President of the United States of America -but> his demonstrated leadership certainly DOES.>>>>       Dear friends, it is time for us to stand.  It is time for thinking> Americans to say, 'Enough.' It is time for people of all parties to stop> following the party line.  It is time for anyone who wants to keep America> first, who wants the right man leading their nation, to start a dialogue> with all their friends and neighbors and ask who they're voting for, and> why.>>>>       There's a lot of evil in this world. That should be readily apparent> to all of us by now.  And when faced with that evil as we are now, I wanta> man who knows the cost of war on his troops and on his citizens.  I want a> man who puts my family's interests before any foreign country.>>>>       I want a President who's qualified to lead.>>>>       I want my country back, and I'm voting for John McCain.>>       Alice Linahan>>       Keller Williams Real Estate>>       Southlake-DFW>>
www.ALICELINAHAN.COM>>       972-322-8313>>>>>>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews> on AOL Autos.>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like neverbefore.> See how WindowsR fits your life>

Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like never before. See how Windows® fits your life --Forwarded Message Attachment--From: jerry.braet at comcast.netTo: jerry.braet at comcast.netSubject: FW: One person's viewDate: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:17:39 -0700>>       Alice Linahan is a real person, a realtor from the Dallas Ft Worth> area (Google her name; you'll get some of her listings).  She has a friend> named Joe Porter whose commentary she has forwarded......>       Dear Friends:>>       My name is Joe Porter. I live in Champaign , Illinois . I'm 46 years> old, a born-again Christian, a husband, a father, a small business owner,a> veteran, and a homeowner. I don't consider myself to be eitherconservative> or liberal, and I vote for the person, not Republican or Democrat. I don't> believe there are 'two Americas ' - but that every person in this country> can be whomever and what ever they want to be if they'll just work to get> there - and nowhere else on earth can!
http://revealyourinnerathlete.windowslive.com?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WLYIA_whichathlete_us