[Vision2020] There's Oil in Them Thar Trees

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 18 11:43:45 PDT 2008

On Monday 18 August 2008 11:00, Dave wrote:
> I don't have the time to look up who said it on the radio, but some
> pendant quoted some origination's estimates (I believe the AAA) that
> showed that most people don't have proper inflation.  The problem was
> attributed to self serve stations.  The total savings estimates were
> considerable.

From Natural Resources Canada, Office of Energy Efficiency:

http://tinyurl.com/693whj

Measure your tire pressure at least once a month. Inflate cold tires to the
recommended pressure. The correct tire inflation information for your
vehicle is usually indicated near the driver's door, in the glove
compartment or in the owner's manual. For every 28 kilopascals (4 pounds
per square inch) of under-inflation, fuel use increases by about 2 percent.
Properly inflated tires will last longer, make your vehicle safer to drive
and save fuel.

Individual numbers may not be impressive, but cumulatively over three
billion American miles driven annually, they do amount to fuel, money, and
tire wear saved.

Ken