[Vision2020] Safe Lefty's

Angie Doe moscowresident at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 06:30:17 PDT 2008

 *Cut and Pasted in its entirety from an online bulletin.*

WHAT? Protest. But the weird, uncommon, positive type.

"Save Lefty's"

WHERE? Palouse Mall Enterance/Lefty's

WHEN? May 2nd, 5pm

Come, carry a sign for 5 minutes.

Get a free shake!
===============================

The details:

By now the word is officially out. The Lefty restaurant located in the
Palouse Mall, the home of the vandalizer (a now famous burger eating
challenge) and the best shake on the Palouse for many years is being forced
to close its doors in the mall...

The owners of Lefty's originally moved to the area with the vision of
running a small town restaurant. They bought Eric's Cafe and changed the
name to Lefty's. Over the years they have done huge amounts of renovations,
repainting, adding lighting, and just recently they added booths to make the
environment even cozier.

Now the Palouse Mall Corporation seems more interested in large corporations
than small local businesses. This seems to have in part been also
responsible for the closure of other small shops, like the flower shop, S&P
Hobbies, etc. The sad thing is that it is the small local places that are
really a part of culture.

The word on the street is that the mall plans to put in some large corporate
pizza joint.

Exactly what we need more of in our college town *weary smile*

In talking to the owner, Ken, he really wants to keep the restaurant going…
and he is looking for another location, but he needs to raise some money to
help in that transition.

There are two ways that you can help out:

Come to the Protest. There will be free shakes provided to everyone who
participates. There will be fun signs, etc. So come and have a good time.
The message of this is to be a positive message of helping save the
restaurant as a Moscow icon. So, not down with the mall or anything like
that. Instead, come and have a good time.

Buy a Raffle ticket: In an effort to raise some money to help with the
search and transition to a new place, Ken is hosting a raffle contest.

The raffle tickets will cost $10 each, and the prizes are as follows:

5 Grand prizes
>> 1 year of free food, every day at the new Lefty's.

10 Second place prizes:
>> 1 year of free food, once a week at the new Lefty's

20 3rd Place Prizes:
>> $25 gift certificates.

The raffle tickets can be purchased either in the Lefty's store or in the
next couple of days, they will be available for purchase via Paypal at which
point the link will be posted.

In the unfortunate event that Lefty's is unable to find a new location, the
money will be given to the Community Action Partnership, Christmas for Kids,
or some similar charity.