[Vision2020] condemning rape

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Wed Apr 23 01:30:53 PDT 2008

A few things about the Sitler case.

First, you keep contending, Gary, that authorities were told as soon as
possible but, given the discussion on V2020 shortly after the news hit, I have
my doubts. Wilson himself took part in that discussion but if you review those
transcripts the timeline you are suggesting doesn’t add up.

Forget the insults and general Wilson rhetoric, Gary, and give an explicit
timeline. When did Wilson find out about Sitler's crimes? When was the head-
of-households meeting held? When did the police find out about Sitler's
crimes? When did the Moscow community find out about Sitler's crimes?

If you can't state the actual dates of all four events, then you don't really
know what you're talking about. Your testimony is based on faith and nothing
more. If you do know what you're talking about, then just state the dates.

I know for one thing: the difference between the first date and the last date is
enough for me to be concerned. And since we're talking about the safety of
my own child, I don't care very much what you happen to think about it.

Second, Wilson wrote a letter in defense of Sitler's release, suggesting that he
would council him even though he is not a trained councilor. I can accept that
he is a Pastor even though he has no seminary degree, or that he is a
philosopher even though he has no PhD, or even that he is an historian even
though he has no degree in that area.

But don't you think that it is stretching the bounds of common sense to allow
that a man who has no formal training with pedophiles be allowed to advocate
the early release of a known pedophile on the grounds that he would council
him? Or do you think that anyone should be allowed to council a known
pedophile, regardless of his background or training?

I’d be interested in your answer to these questions.

Best, Dr. Joe

---- "g. crabtree" <jampot at roadrunner.com> wrote:

Now that you've gotten that nasty little spasm of "am not-you are" out of the way I hope you feel better. Now how about you actually back up your imaginary claim? Please provide the slimmest shred of evidence of "a group of patriarchal men, willing to tolerate, even protect, males in their congregation who are sexual predators." I have a mighty strong hunch that it will be an  inordinately long time coming and in the unlikely event it ever should, won't come close to supporting your reckless rhetoric.