[Vision2020] condemning rape

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Apr 21 20:23:13 PDT 2008

The following articel was copied and pasted from Courtney's blog, and also
attached to this posting.

Certain portions of this article were highlighted by Courtney, suggesting
to me that he is interested in this case.  As such, I posted some comments
and questions hoping to establish a dialogue.

Teacher arrested in Moscow after allegations of unlawful sexual
contact with boys

The following article ran in today’s Lewiston Tribune.

MOSCOW - A 38-year-old Tumwater, Wash., teacher has been arrested on
allegations that he had unlawful sexual contact with two boys at Camp
Grizzly last summer, the Idaho State Police said Tuesday in a news
release.

Timothy Andrew Kellis was a counselor at the Harvard-area Boy Scout camp
when he engaged in a "continuous course of contact" that included fondling
and lewd and lascivious contact with the boys, who were younger than 16,
according to ISP.

He was booked into the Latah County Jail on $25,000 bond, which he posted
Tuesday morning, according to the District Court clerk's office. He is
charged with one felony count of sexual abuse of a child younger than 16,
and two felony counts of lewd conduct with a minor younger than 16.

His preliminary hearing is set for 10:30 a.m. April 24.

According to ISP, Detective Lyle Bolon started an investigation into
Kellis last Thursday. He was arrested two days later in Moscow without
incident, according to ISP.

In the news release, ISP also said Kellis worked as a teacher at Highland
High School in Craigmont from 2001 to 2006. He may have worked as a
counselor at Camp Grizzly prior to 2007, according to the news release,
and he has taught at a Tumwater school since 2006.

The question I posed to Courtney (and was quickley removed):

Has pastor Wilson provided counseling to Timothy Andrew Kellis, thus
affording Mr. Kellis the opportunity for repentance (as pastor Wilson has
done for Steven Sitler, a convicted serial pedophile), or is pastor Wilson
selective in who he provides religious counsel?

That, gc, was the extent of my comments.  Now, perhaps somebody can loan
Courtney a backbone so that he can "man up".

           http://www.fsr.com/