[Vision2020] News alert

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Thu Apr 10 10:03:12 PDT 2008

>From DN web site as of 10:00 A.M. 080410

Breaking News
UI student airlifted to Boise with possible meningitis
Updated at: 19:04 pm

A University of Idaho student was airlifted to a hospital in Boise on
Wednesday after is was determined he may have contracted meningitis.

Don Benz, president of the Kappa Sigma fraternity, said one of the
fraternity's members began acting strangely Wednesday morning and was taken
to Gritman Medical Center in Moscow at about 10:30 a.m.

"He was running into walls, couldn't talk and reaching for doorknobs where
there wasn't one," Benz said.

After administering multiple tests, doctors determined the student may have
meningitis and immediately had him transported to St. Luke's Hospital in
Boise, Benz said.

Kappa Sigma is taking measures to sanitize the house, and Benz advises
anyone who has visited the the fraternity or is currently living in the
house to take antibiotics as a precautionary measure.

For updates, visit DNews.com or see Thursday's edition of the Moscow-Pullman
Daily News.