[Vision2020] Idaho Daycare Centers (was "End of Legislative

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 21:34:54 PDT 2008

Hansen,

  I was working at LHS. So I can tell you directly, you are incorrect. The reason why it was shutting down was because Latah County would not give one dime to support it and it was in massive debt. Another factor was that building was out of code, and again, the people of Latah County, would not support a bond.

  Valley Vista was hired to try and salvage the place. But again, without community support, LHS, could not get out of the red.

  Latah could have done one of three things:

  1) Sell it for a profit, and use the money to pay off the debt, starting with Moscow Business that have been away free services to LHS for years.

  2) Leased the building out, used the money to pay off the debt, and reopened the building later on.

  3) Sell it for a $1

  Latah choose to sell it for a dollar.

  Bottom-line, the county lost, and so will all the people of Latah when they are unable to afford private health care but want to stay in Moscow. There is no place for them.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:
  Donnie Arnold stated:

"Now, if I stand incorrect, please weren't you and the other liberals on
this forum in favor of shutting down Latah County's only existing care
facility for the elderly and indigent, Latah Health Services, and selling
it for $1?"

You are incorrect, Donnie. I can post sound-bite after sound-bite after
sound-bite from a few years back when this was discussed in interviews
with Commissioner Jack Nelson and candidate Linda Pike on KUOI and KRFP.

The county's concerns were two-fold; that it was too costly to maintain
Latah Health Services and that LHS was way under-staffed. The question
was not whether or not it was to be sold, but to whom it would be sold. I
believe there were three parties interested in purchsing the property:
Gritman, a health services group from Spokane whose name escapes me right
now, and some car dealership.

I believe that you yourself, Donnie-boy, chimed in with your wisdom (right
here on the Viz), blasting away (as you always do) against Gritman, whose
agreement with Latah County stipulated that they were to maintain an
elderly care program at that facility.

I await your thoughtful and caring remarks.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Moscow,
Idaho