[Vision2020] Idaho Daycare Centers (was "End of Legislative

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Apr 7 05:51:02 PDT 2008

Donnie Arnold stated:

"Now, if I stand incorrect, please  weren't you and the other liberals on
this forum in favor of shutting down Latah County's only existing care
facility for the elderly and indigent, Latah Health Services, and selling
it for $1?"

You are incorrect, Donnie.  I can post sound-bite after sound-bite after
sound-bite from a few years back when this was discussed in interviews
with Commissioner Jack Nelson and candidate Linda Pike on KUOI and KRFP.

The county's concerns were two-fold; that it was too costly to maintain
Latah Health Services and that LHS was way under-staffed.  The question
was not whether or not it was to be sold, but to whom it would be sold.  I
believe there were three parties interested in purchsing the property:
Gritman, a health services group from Spokane whose name escapes me right
now, and some car dealership.

I believe that you yourself, Donnie-boy, chimed in with your wisdom (right
here on the Viz), blasting away (as you always do) against Gritman, whose
agreement with Latah County stipulated that they were to maintain an
elderly care program at that facility.

I await your thoughtful and caring remarks.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Moscow,
Idaho