[Vision2020] God and Freedom

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 4 03:42:18 PDT 2008

Nick,

This lecture sounds great. I couldn't make it but please keep the information coming.

One question: What do you think free will is if you can be morally responsible for your actions without having it?

--
Joe Campbell

---- nickgier at adelphia.net wrote:

Greetings:

My Wednesday evening theology class is going well, and tonight's topic is "God and Freedom."  We will discuss free-will and whether we have it, and then we will see how both scientific determinism and divine determinism might very well undermine free-will.  There will also be a little bit on how Buddhism supports moral responsibility without free-will.

The reading assignment can be found at www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/godfreedom.htm.

All are welcome any night 7:30-9:00 at the Yellow House just west of the UU Church at 2nd & Van Buren.

Nick Gier

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com